Thursday, April 22, 2010

scrap

I was going to post "scrap booking", but then thought "scrap" covered more and is one word.

So how does scrap affect my life? Well, there's scrap paper - created when my kids find the printer paper and draw on one side, scraps - fed to my dog from my kids' plates - and various scraps of things floating around the house after falling victim to my kids' hands. To be fair scraps are mostly Lillian's work.

My favourite quilts are made from scrap. I tried the quilting thing quite a while ago. It's the solitary work I don't like. If there was a regular gathering to quilt, I'd do it. Especially since I can't really figure out how to fix my sewing mistakes or the machine when I bugger it up.

I'm going to a scrap booking event next month. It's not my very first time trying it out, but I'm hoping to learn more about it. Seems silly to need a class to figure it out, but I really do need a class. I have literally hundreds of photos packed into mini albums, envelopes and boxes to deal with. These are all mostly from before 2005 when I got my digital camera. At least with digital photos, you can keep them on discs (and never look at them again). I wonder how shocked everyone would be if I brought the whole lot to the class...

My photos are precious to me. I need to do something with them to ensure they are not ruined. I've had this in mind for a while, but it became urgent this morning when I found an album and Morgan's baby book in ruins. Lillian had managed to get her destructive and curious little hands on them and ripped them apart! Needless-to-say, I am very upset about this, but more motivated than ever to sort through my photos and do something with them before they are turned into scrap!

No comments:

Post a Comment